A Digital & Social Media Notebook for journalists & storytellers
Signal Noi.se - Knight Foundation award winner : -
“To help newsrooms optimize editorial decision making by providing a dashboard that tracks stories through social networks and across competitor sites.”
Mohamed Nanabhay - Former Head of Al jazeera Online English
Looking forward to testing this - on the face of it looks as though it could be pretty useful in newsrooms!
In Media City, Salford for BBC College of Journalism Connecting Communities conference (Taken with instagram)
Sound advice on Innovation from book by Harvard Business Review (Taken with instagram)
The Internet’s Population Doubled Over the Last Five Years
Royal Pingdom susses out some interesting trends about the world’s 2.27 billion Internet users:
- Africa has gone from 34 million to 140 million, a 317% increase.
- Asia has gone from 418 million to over 1 billion, a 143% increase.
- Europe has gone from 322 million to 501 million, a 56% increase.
- The Middle East has gone from 20 to 77 million, a 294% increase.
- North America has gone from 233 to 273 million, a 17% increase.
- Latin America (South & Central America) has gone from 110 to 236 million, a 114% increase.
- Oceania (including Australia) has gone from 19 to 24 million, a 27% increase.
They also note that Asia’s Internet population is almost double the entire Internet population was in 2007.